----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernard Granier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 5:01 PM
Subject: cookie again

> Question I
> ==============
>
> We already spoke about the relation between browser, server, cookie
> and we mentioned that a cookie is linked to a specific server.
>
> Ok, fine.
>
> Could some one explain me what is the purpose of the method setDomain of
the
> class Cookie ?

I think this is right
Suppose you had a domain dvd.org.  You then had two websites

www.r1.dvd.org and
www.r2.dvd.org

Notice I have split the sites into two so you could have
mailserver.r1.dvd.org
seperate to mailserver.r2.dvd.org

You can now set three domains

dvd.org  cookies from here go to both r1.dvd.org and r2.dvd.org and
of course dvd.org
r1.dvd.org  cookies go only to r1.dvd.org
r2.dvd.org cookies go only to r2.dvd.org

Please corrext me if I'm wrong !

Andy