Dave

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Nguyen, Thang P
Sent: 17 August 2001 01:21
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: EJB and Tomcat/Servlet and JSP

First, would like to thank Christopher for pointing me to EJB sources.
Secondly, I have another question, if I want to build a web application,
mainly to access the database (delete/add/modify, etc).   Should it be good
enough if I put these codes inside servlets, in other words, use servlets to
control the business logic as well as manipulate the database?

Or do I need to write my own EJB(s) to do this database manipulations?  My
client will talk to the servlets, then the servlets will talk to EJB(s).
perhaps it is a 4 tiers architecture.

If that is the case, then I would need somthing like JBoss, which has Tomcat
embeded so that it can serve as a single engine for both servlets/jsp and
EJB all together.

Please recommend the way you would do.

Thanks much in advance.
-TN