This is a permission issue for the X windows server.  I expect the terminal is
owned by somebody and the java process by another user.

You can turn off all X security by saying xhost +, but this allows anybody
access to your terminal.

Are you sure that the DISPLAY variables is set corretly ?

D.
>Received-Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:56:12 +0100 (BST)
>Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:31:11 -0400
>From: "St. Louis, Thomas (CRD)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Swing components in JSP
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>I'm using the swing JTree component in one of my jsps and I get the following
Exception trying to
>execute the servlet in Weblogic on a Solaris box.  The solaris environment is
looking for the DISPLAY
>environment variable and I'm not sure if this is a servlet issue or a Weblogic
issue.  Has anyone
>encountered this and if so do you have any suggestions on the fix.
>
>Tue Aug 21 17:23:06 EDT 2001:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet failed with
Exception
>java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the
value of the DISPLAY
>variable.
>        at sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.initDisplay(Native Method)
>        at <Unloaded Method>
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Compiled Code)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Compiled Code)
>        at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.jav
a:63)
>        at java.awt.Font.initializeFont(Font.java:262)
>        at java.awt.Font.<init>(Font.java:292)
>        at
javax.swing.plaf.metal.DefaultMetalTheme.<init>(DefaultMetalTheme.java:59)
>        at
javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel.createDefaultTheme(MetalLookAndFeel.java
:709)
>        at
javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel.getDefaults(MetalLookAndFeel.java:713)
>        at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:363)
>        at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:390)
>        at javax.swing.UIManager.initializeDefaultLAF(UIManager.java:850)
>        at javax.swing.UIManager.initialize(UIManager.java:926)
>        at javax.swing.UIManager.maybeInitialize(UIManager.java:948)
>        at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI(UIManager.java:559)
>        at javax.swing.JTree.updateUI(JTree.java:493)
>        at javax.swing.JTree.<init>(JTree.java:459)
>        at structurewalker.tree.StructureTree.<init>(StructureTree.java:117)
>        at structurewalker.tree.StructureTree.<init>(StructureTree.java:108)
>        at structurewalker.tree.StructureTree.<init>(StructureTree.java:97)
>        at jsp_servlet._eEngineer._BomWalker._jspService(_BomWalker.java:355)
>        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(Compiled Code)
>        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
>        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
>        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
>        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
>        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Compiled Code)
>        at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(Compiled Code)
>        at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(Compiled Code)
>        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)
>
>Thanks,
>Tom
>> g             GE Corporate Research & Development
>>      Tom St.Louis
>>      GE Corporate Research & Development
>>      One Research Circle, K1-5C39C
>>      Schenectady, NY  12309
>>      Phone: (518) 387-4900  Dial Comm: 8*833-4900
>>      Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".
>Some relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/faq.html
> http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.html
> http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/faqpage.jsp?name=JSP
> http://www.jguru.com/jguru/faq/faqpage.jsp?name=Servlets

--                      email           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--                      web             www.pinan.co.uk
--The opinions expressed in this article are personal and do not
--represent the views of Pinan Software.