Or you could try something like.... (note: error handling in this
quick example isn't ideal and also if your file is a simple txt file
there are other ways to do it more efficiently )

import java.io.*;

public class  FileMove
{
    {
        try {
            File fileToMove = new File( "C:\\RicksStuff\\seinfeld.exe" );
            File moveTo = new File( "C:\\RicksStuff\\newDir\\seinfeld.exe" );
            if ( !moveTo.exists() )
                moveTo.createNewFile();

            BufferedInputStream inputFromFile = new BufferedInputStream( new
FileInputStream( fileToMove ) );
            BufferedOutputStream outputToFile = new BufferedOutputStream( new
FileOutputStream( moveTo ) );

            int i = inputFromFile.read();
            while ( i != -1 )
            {
                outputToFile.write(i);
                i = inputFromFile.read();
            }
            outputToFile.close();
            inputFromFile.close();
        }
        catch(Exception e ) {
            System.out.println( e.toString() );

On 27 Aug 2001, at 14:00, Alireza Nahavandi wrote:

> Hi All,
> Does anybody know how to copy a file to another folder using Java?
>
> Thank you,

> For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".

I'd like to be buried Indian-style, where they put you up on a high
rack, above the ground. That way, you could get hit by meteorites and
not even  feel it.

           - Jack Handey