From: nadia
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 12:33 AM
Subject: how to access java classes from jsp

Hi there all.
I have just started learning jsp and am not sure how to access a class file from within a jsp page.
I have heard that it should be a Bean and u access it by doing the following.
<jsp:useBean id="mybean" scope="page"
class="hellopackage.Hello" />
<jsp:setProperty name="mybean" property=" * "  />

My problem is that I have created the following bean..
package hellopackage;

public class Hello{
private String username;

public Hello(){
    username=null;
}
public void setUserName(String name){
username=name;
}
public String getUsername(){
 return username;
and I am trying to access it with the folowing page..
<%@ page import="hellopackage.Hello"%>

<jsp:useBean id="mybean" scope="page"
class="hellopackage.Hello" />
<jsp:setProperty name="mybean" property=" * "  />

<h1>What is your name ?</h1>
<form method="get">
<input type="text" name="username" size="25">
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
<input type="reset" value="Reset">
</form>

<% if(request.getParamater("username") != null){
%>
<%@ include file="response.jsp" %>
<%
 }
%>

I keep getting the following error
jsp:useBean can't find class `hellopackage.Hello'

I am realy stuck cause how do u let the jsp see the bean..
I have even tried putting the bean in a jar file called hellopackage...
Pls help....
Thanking you all in adavance