Try this one..

Connection con=null;
Statement con=null;

public void jspInit() {
  try {
     DriverManager.registerDriver( new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver() );
     con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:
@192.168.0.253:1521:aft", "system", "manager");
    stmt=con.createStatement();
  } catch ( Exception e ) {
       System.out.println( e.toString() );

                    Sukumar S
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    P.COM>                   cc:
                    Sent by: A               Subject:     Re: connecting to oracle
using jdbc and jrun (newbie)
                    mailing list
                    about Java Server
                    Pages
                    specification and
                    reference
                    <JSP-INTEREST@JAV
                    A.SUN.COM>

                    2001/09/26 02:48
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    A mailing list
                    about Java Server
                    Pages
                    specification and
                    reference

Hi,
  It seems that you have downloaded thin driver type 4 jdbc driver.
for that the Driver class name will be different. it wont be lik
sun.jdbc.odbc.jdbcodbcdriver.
check the site for documentation of how to use the driver.
Regards,
Sukumar

Gilson Nascimento D Elrei wrote:

> sorry if it's off topic,
> I have downloaded from oracle.com the jdbc driver for Oracle 8.1.5 and i
> have upload the zipped files (classes111.zip and nls_charset.zip) on
> <jrun_root>\lib that is on classpath; I'm trying to connect using
JDBC/ODBC
> bridge.
> My Question is:
> - Where's the common Jar Files like mysql jdbc driver ?
>
> The JSP code is here (go down), and it's ok on Tomcat using Mysql driver;
> Oracle documentation is confuse about How to access Oracle Database using
> JDBC;
> Any Idea?
> Thanks in advance;
>
> <%@ page import="java.sql.*" %>
> <%
> String connectionURL = "jdbc:odbc:aceite";
> Connection connection = null;
> Statement statement = null;
>
> ResultSet rs=null;
> %>
> <%
>    Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");
>    connection =
> DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL,"aceite","pwdsomaace");
>    statement = connection.createStatement();
>    rs = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM tsm_client");
>    while (rs.next())
>    {
>       out.println(rs.getString("cd_clie")+"<br>");
>    }
>    rs.close();
> %>

S.Sukumar,