Hi there,

I have a java applet which performs the following function: Search data from
a text file on the client (PC harddisk) and then display the search result
listing via HTML.

The applet is embedded into the web page the following way:
<applet codebase = "." code = "test.tSearch.class" name = "SearchApplet"
width = 400 height = 22 hspace = 0 vspace = 0 align = top scriptable = true>
<param name="KEYWORD" value="">
<param name="SEARCH_OPTION" value="C">
</applet>

What I am required to do is: Upon entering the page containing the applet,
display by default the search results with search keyword "".

Initially, I did this: at the end of the page, execute a javascript
statement: document.SearchApplet.search(0,1,'');

However, in some PCs, javascript error occurs (Does not supplort the
property). This is because the javascript is executed before the applet is
fully loaded.

So, I added a javscript function waituntilok() which is called upon onLoad
(When the HTML page loads):
function waituntilok() {
if (document.SearchApplet.isActive()) {
doit();
}
else {
settimeout(waituntilok(),5000)

function doit() {
document.SearchApplet.search(0,1,'');
}

However, in those previously affected PCs, when this HTML page is first
opened, the page loads correctly with no javascript error or anything.
However, when I go to other web pages and then return to this page again,
the browser popups an alert "Out of Memory at Line 136"
And Line 136 is referring to the line:
if (document.SearchApplet.isActive()) {

In some PCs, the situation is worse, some users reported that the harddisk
seems to not respond and finally the PC hanged and they had to restart their
PC.

In the PCs with "Out of Memory" problems, the OS is Win2000, and using
IE6.0. They are using Java plugin downloaded from
http://java.sun.com/getjava/

Wonder if anyone out there has a solution to my problem??

Would appreciate your kind assistance, thanks!

--- Joshua