Hello Mike and everybody!

>> MA> "System.out.println("\u2261");"
>>
>> Hmmm.. Looks the System.out writer is set up to smth like ISO-8859-1,
>> so will this work?

MA> "System.out" is a PrintStream so it depends on the default encoding.
MA> If your platform default encoding is ISO-8859-1, than indeed
MA> "System.out.println("\u2261");" isn't going to output, as its not in the
MA> Unicode to ISO mappings --
http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/ISO8859/8859-1.TXT
Thanks for clearing this out!

>>> Maybe doing ࣕ would be better in a general setting?
Well, i was speaking about doing out.write("ࣕ") in a _servlet_.
I beleive that if we do it, we'll get the ࣕ sequence output
directly to the html page and the browser may recognize this as
a HTML encoding of a unicode character. This is a reasonable
option even if we have ISO-8859-1 as our page encoding.

MA> If you do this through a "System.out.write(&#2261)", it might be
MA> interpretted as a byte instead of a character...
Well, i beleive that if we really do 'System.out.write("ࣕ");'
we'll get "ࣕ" on our system console, but this quite useless,
isn't it? Sure it won't "be interpreted as a byte".

Best regards, Anton