Hi,

You have to look at the log files in <as_root>/logs to see why your
appserver is not starting (stderr + stdout). The Adminconsole will just
start if you appserver is running. So it's normal if you can't get it if
your appserver is down.
The fact that you sometimes got it is a hint that your http server is
correctly configured.

To access a database from Websphere, you have to configure a jdbc driver
and a DataSource from the adminconsole and let your application point to
that DataSource.

regards

Chris

|--------+--------------------------->
|        |          Debopam Ghoshal  |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>|
|        |          Sent by: A       |
|        |          mailing list     |
|        |          about Java Server|
|        |          Pages            |
|        |          specification and|
|        |          reference        |
|        |          <JSP-INTEREST@JAV|
|        |          A.SUN.COM>       |
|        |                           |
|        |                           |
|        |          14/01/2002 20:11 |
|        |          Please respond to|
|        |          A mailing list   |
|        |          about Java Server|
|        |          Pages            |
|        |          specification and|
|        |          reference        |
|        |                           |
|--------+--------------------------->

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                        |
  |      cc:
                                                        |
  |      Subject:     Problem with IBM Websphere Application Server 4
                                                        |

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dear All,
I recently installed IBM Websphere Application Server 4 along with IBM HTTP
Server. The HTTP server starts automatically when my machine starts(OS:
Windows 2000 Server). But when I start my Application Server, sometime it
starts and most of the times it does not start. The administrator's console
page (http://localhost:9090/admin) does not show up most of the times. Can
someone help me configure my Appserver as well as HTTP Server so that they
run smoothly. Moreover I would like to know how to connect my appserver to
Oracle 8i server running on my machine, since i do not have DB2 installed.

thanx a lot in advance,
regards,
Debopam.