From: Ethan Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 3:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Form/Input taglib

I have looked at Struts, and I have found it to be way overkill for 90% of
the applications we write, though I will mostly likely use it on the next
appropriate project.  What I'm most interested in is a supporting form/input
taglib, which will enable me to deploy rapidly developed applications.  I am
coming from the CGI world, so my ideas may be conflicting with that of the
Java world, but right now I deal with forms in an object-based manner with
built-in validation.  It allows me to very quickly roll out custom
applications.  Once again, I'm coming from the CGI world, and though I've
invested a lot of time in learning Java, my ideas may not coincide with
those of other Java developers.  The type of business I am involved in is
extremely fast-paced roll-it-out-the-door NOW operation, so writing solid
web applications and strictly following MVC ideals simply can't be a focus
in every day development, though we do occasionally see projects which would
effectively utilize a well thought out development framework such as Struts.
Hopefully someone can gather something out of my rambling....

Ethan