Miao, I don't understand your problem, anyway the result "a" is right, in my opinion. :-\

tom

Miao, Franco CAWS:EX wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
anyone has idea about this? for some reason I can run the class after I
compiled it.

thanks for help, anyway...

public class incr {
int i , j;
i = j = 3;
int n = 2 * ++i;
int m = 2 * j++;
System.out.println(i + " " + j + " " + n + " " + m);

a. 4 4 8 6
b. 4 4 8 8
c. 4 4 6 6
d. 4 3 8 6