I have the following code, which is quite simple and used to connect to the
db, but I keep getting the error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: connect (wrong
name:
Connect)

I'm trying to connect to mySQL using the mm.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar jdbc driver,
which I placed in the CLASSPATH. Here's the code:
import java.sql.*;

public class Connect {
    Connection con = null;
    try {

      Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
      System.out.println("JDBC driver loaded");
      con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/ash
?user=ashahata&password=ash123");
      System.out.println("Database connection established");
          } catch (ClassNotFoundException cnfe) {
      System.out.println("ClassNotFoundException: Could not locate driver");

    } catch (SQLException cnfe) {
      System.out.println("SQLException: "+cnfe);
    } catch (Exception e) {
      System.out.println("An unknown error occurred while connecting to the
database");
    } finally {
      try {
        if ( con != null )
        con.close();
      } catch(SQLException sqle) {
        System.out.println("Unable to close database connection.");