From: Paulo Henrique de Abreu Pontes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 12:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CSV file generation using JSP!

Em 18 Feb 2002, A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and
reference escreveu:

>Hello ALL,
>
>I am generating CSV file on the fly.
>So I am using
>
>response.setContentType("application/csv");
>response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;
>filename="UPLOAD.csv;");
>
>These two lines, Now problem is, the downloaded file contains unnecessary
>new lines in the beggining.
>My first out.println contains heading but before the heading there are four
>new lines in the downloaded CSV file.
>How do I remove that empty lines.
>Any clue...?
>Thanx in advance...
>Yogaraj

at any
%>
<%
you are in reality adding an
out.print("\n");
so instead, you must use
%><%
this should do the trick!

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."