You could control this behavior in client-side scripting, ie JavaScript.

Or you could write taglib to control the fields.

-----Original Message-----
From: sanjib B [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 11:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Leaving the JSP page

Hi All,
In my JSP page I have some editable fields which the user can edit but
before applying those changes to database updates, if the user clicks some
other link or wants to leave the page I want to prevent the user from doing
so and wnats to show a message box. If the user presses "Ok" and want to
discard the previous edits then only I want to allow the user to leave the
page. How do I do so? any idea ??

thanks
sanjib