I really dont think is the place to ask someone to design a
system.  I can give you a few tips, open source products are really good,
but some applications may need a vendor application.  I worked with Tomcat
and it worked really well for a small application.  You should look into
Webservices, since it will probably key in quoting applications.
         Also you should look to see if Postgres has what you need from a
database, for example are you going to use trigers, stored procedures and
etc, and does postgres support them.
         If you search the net you will find lots of applications that do
exactly what you are going to do.