-----Mensagem original-----
De: cbarnes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 21 de março de 2002 09:13
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Assunto: attributes for custom tags

I am writing a custom tag where one of the attributes required is a String
array. I know I'm being awkward but I want to be able to create this string
array within the custom tag line. I imagined that I would be able to do
something like the following

<prefix:mytag myattribute="<%= new String[] {item1, item2, item3} %>" />

However, tomcat wants to translate the type into something.class, but gets
muddled up because of the [].

I then thought I could change the String array into a String of comma
separated items, and allow the custom tag to convert this into a string
array using a StringTokenizer. However, the problem here is that each of the
items in the list is an expression. I had imagined that if I did something
like the following

<prefix:mytag myattribute="<%= item1 %>, <%= item2 %>, <%= item3 %>" />

that each expression would be evaluated. But it doesn't. It recognises the
first <%= and the last %> and tries to evaluate everything in between as one
expression.

If I change it to

<prefix:mytag myattribute="<%= item1, item2, item3 %>" />

the expressions don't get evaluated and it doesn't consider it as one quoted
string anyway.

Can anyone suggest how to get either of these 2 approaches to work, or
suggest a different approach to set a custom tag attribute that is a list of
expressions?

Thanks,
Catharine

---