Hi Hans,

Sorry to bother you again with this old thread, but I
hadn't thought of all the implications of your
suggestion until now.
I was asking about how to avoid attribute-name clashes
in nested tags, and you suggested using:

>The easiest solution is to let the page athor specify
the
>variable name:
>
>   <!-- Create variable "foo" -->
>   <mytags:foo var="foo">
>     <!-- Create variable "bar" -->
>     <mytags:foo var="bar">
>     </mytags:foo>
>   </mytags:foo>
>
>If you don't need to access the value through a
scripting...

>If you *do* need to access the value through scripting
code,
>you can tell the container to use the "var" attribute
value for
>the scripting variable using either a TagExtraInfo
class (JSP 1.1
>and JSP 1.2) or using the <variable> element in the
TLD (JSP 1.2).

I *do* need to access the attributes in scripting code.
But how do I add the new variable dynamically to the
TagExtraInfo class? How does it help if I add "var" to
the TEI?
(I need foo and bar to be variables that I can access
in my scripting code)
Is this possible?

Thanks a ton.

-Erwin