Looks like there is a bug in 4.0.3, we need to put our classes in
web-inf\classes then it will work. I had the same problem when I put it in
web-inf\lib

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Burdick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 3:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat 4.0.3 jar file problems

Hello All:

Can someone answer the following question.  I just upgraded to Tomcat 4.0.3
and all of my webapps that use jaxp, jdom, etc. stopped working.  I get a
variety of class definition not found errors, such as the following:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/Source

I moved everything back to Tomcat 4.0-b5, and everything works fine.  Is
there something different in 4.0.3 about where you need to put jar files
(such as jaxp) for your web applications to use them?  I've always put them
in ~WEB-INF\lib and everything worked great.  Has the Tomcat startup script
changed so that the  application specific jar files under the lib
directories under webapps are not added to the classpath or something?

Robert

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.wAppearances.com
(650)-917-8446 (office)