  From: [Aruniima Chakrabarti]
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 1:11 PM
  Subject: Help on parameter begin passed from JSP to Java Bean

  Hello everyone,
  I have a HTML page which calls a JSP page on submit, which has a 'useBean' &
  'setProperty' tags set so that the values from the HTML is passed to the
  Bean to be updated in the database. Some of the fields on HTML page & the
  corresponding field in the database are optional.
  Now the problem I am facing is that if the first time the user puts a value
  in the text box & submits page, it gets updated without a problem.
  But the next time if he leaves the text box empty & submits, then the
  previous entered value for the textbox is taken instead of null value.
  Refreshing of the page is not solving the problem & closing - opening of the
  page again is not feasible. How should I handle this problem?
   I tried changing the 'scope' but that is not solving the problem.
  Kindly help. Thanks in advance.
  Regards,
  aruniima

  This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
  intended only for the individual named. If you are not the intended
  recepient you should not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy or
  deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
  have received this e-mail by mistake and immediately delete this e-mail from
  your system.

  E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
  incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
  liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
  arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required
  please request a hard-copy version.