Hi,

I would like to use a Custom Tag to open resources in the start tag and free
them in the closing tag.  But if there is an exception in the enclosed body,
it seems that I will leak the resource (as the closing tag will not be
called).

For example, if I open a database connection in doStartTag and fail to close
it in doEndTag (because an exception was thrown) then I will have an open DB
connection that is not returned to the pool.

What is the best way to avoid this problem?

Thanks,
Andrew

PS My first post here, apologies if something is wrong...