I am writing a number of custom tags, all of which return a list of string
values to the JSP by using a TEI class.
I want to write a generic TEI class that can be used by all the custom tags.
This TEI class needs to be supplied with a list of attribute names that it
has to create VariableInfo objects for. The tag classes have this list of
attribute names as a tag attribute, so I thought that I could get this list
from the TagData object in the TEI class by doing something like:
Vector listOfAttributes = (Vector)data.getAttribute("attributeNames");

However, this doesn't appear to work. I get a ClassCastException trying to
cast the object to a Vector.

Can anyone tell me if its possible to get this to work?

Is there a better way of supplying a list of attribute names to the TEI
class.

Am I going to have to give in and write a different TEI class for each of
the custom tags?

Thanks,
Catharine