Hi,
    There is a utility called, jxl, you can download that and put in your classpath.
Then following code will get the data from excel file. Importing this jar will do, and
I am not sure new version of weblogic do have this in built. This works fine and
efficient... simple to code too..Hope this helps...

Smita...

Workbook workbook = Workbook.getWorkbook(new java.io.File(fileName));
Sheet sheet = workbook.getSheet(0);

int rows    = sheet.getRows();
int columns = sheet.getColumns();

for(int i=0; i<rows; i++)
{
Cell cell = sheet.getCell(0,i);
String type =cell.getContents();
cell = sheet.getCell(1,i);
String name =cell.getContents();
cell = sheet.getCell(2,i);
String revision =cell.getContents();
System.out.println(type + " : " + name + " : " + revision);
}