Fredrik Lindner wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Does anyone know which servlet API method is used to extract the "server
> part" of a request URL?
>
> Example:
>
> I have a jsp based app running in a servlet container. One dynamically
> generated output pages contains a link to a web page within the same
> container, e.g. http:/[host]/myapp/somepage.jsp. The part I would like to
> extract is the "http:/[host]" part.

<%
   String scheme = request.getScheme();  // e.g. "http"
   String serverName = request.getServerName(); // e.g. "com.myserver"
%>

But unless I miss something, you could just use a relative path in the
link instead of going through all this:

If you need to generate a context-relative path (starting with a slash,
interpreted as relative to the application's context-path), you can
do it this way:

Even better, use the new JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL, currently in beta):

For more about JSTL, see:

   <http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html>

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gefion Software         http://www.gefionsoftware.com