Peter Dolukhanov

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jeff Schnitzer
Sent: 03 May 2002 07:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PreparedStatement vs Statement

The primary reason to use PreparedStatement has nothing to do with
performance.

When you are building your query for a Statement:

String sql = "SELECT * FROM theTable WHERE name = '" + name + "'";

What malicious code do you think could be inserted by users free to pick
their own names?  Answer:  lots.

With PreparedStatement, you never need to worry about escaping.

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PreparedStatement)?

> > >kenny

> > >JSP-INTEREST".
> > >For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set
JSP-INTEREST