Thanks joseph
but what to import for Writer class?
it gives class Writer not found

Vaishali

Um... pardon my ignorance, but I'm failing to see the real problem here.
You
defined a function, but the JSP page's "out" variable isn't available to
it;
well, uh, why don't you pass the output stream to the function and use it?

<%!
void myFunc(Writer out) {
   out.println("This will show up in your page now. AMAZING.");
}
%>

This isn't rocket science; just Java.