Why don't you copy the jsps in the other Web App as well?
Now everybody will say it won't be managable. For this you can setup Interwoven Open
deploy which keeps all the files in sink.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Shen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 10:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: share jsp pages from other servlet contexts

Under tomcat 4 webapps, I have an authorization app which contains JSPs to do login
for other apps. I am using a simbolic link(on Unix box) to authorization app's JSPs so
each app won't have to jump context and still share the authorization app's JSPs.

I was told by network administrator that simbolic link is bad for scalability. Is it
true?

But since I need to store some user info in the session after login, I couldn't jump
servlet contexts. That is why I use simbolic link. By using simbolic link, several
apps can share common JSP pages.

But our network administrator still refuse to do so. He said resources in one context
shouldn't be available for other apps for security reasons. Is it true?

All I want is to share jsp pages by many servlet contexts. Can anybody give me advice?

Thanks

Frank Shen
Software Developer