Hi, I have a function problem

I have a JSP page that uses a bean

<jsp:useBean id="txt" scope="session" class="LanguageText"/>

I can access the bean as I want in the page, but if I write a function on
the page it dosn't work

<%!
public void writeToPage(JspWriter out)
{
        out.println("Test : "+ txt.getVariable("text"));
}
%>

I cant make it work. The LanguageBean is a ResourceBundle and works fine in
rest of the page. Do I have to pass the Bean along to the function? Isn't it
global?

Thanx for any help