We used on onClick="" javascript in each button or image for submitting the form.

I take it the value you set is based on the counter in your code? So the variable 'j'
in your counter is the ID value you would set? I also take it that your message[]
array is indeed populated when the JSP page is requested, so that message[0],
message[1] and so on has values in it up to message.length?

At any rate, I would change what you have to something like:

for (int cntr = 0; cntr < message.length; cntr++)
{
%>
  <input type="button" name="<%= message[cntr] %>" value="<%= message[cntr] %>"
style="width:200px" onClick="this.form.action='/loginwebapp/servlet1?value=<%=
SysID[cntr] %>&msg=<%= message[cntr] %>&kubun=<%= kubun[cntr] %>'">
<%
}
%>

You don't need the Javascript code to submit the form. The onClick above is what we
use, and it simply assigns the Action of the form, but doesn't stop it from
submitting. If you want an additional trick, you may want to sometimes "validate"
forms, or make sure a user wants to take an action before sumbitting a form, you would
add the onSubmit="" to the <form .. > tag at the top. This would allow you to run some
javascript that can validate fields for example. If something is wrong, you can popup
a java box. If you return false, the form is blocked from being submitted. If true is
returned, it submits.

Hope this helps.