After the sendRedirect statement write return statement.

-----Original Message-----
From: srinivas tadikonda [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 9:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: response.sendRedirect problem

Hi,
 In my project I am useing 'response.sendRedirect("somefilename.jsp")' . Its working
fine. but my problem is each and every page I am checking my session whether its
expired or not..if expired I am redirecting to Login page using response.sendRedirect.
but once I am useing this , after response.sendRedirect I put some code in my page.
Even this is also execting. Actually it should not execute. example code I given
here...
Here i given two system.out.println statements. Once page redirected means second
System.out.println statement will not execute.  But  its coming to my server. I am
useing tomcat 3.2.3.
Pleae tell me whether my code is wrong or behavior is like that.. Please tell me
solution also
<%
System.out.println("Redirecting");
response.sendRedirect("trailrecords.jsp");
System.out.println("Redireced");
%>

Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here
digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set JSP-INTEREST DIGEST". Some
relevant FAQs on JSP/Servlets can be found at:
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/faq.html http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.jsp
http://www.jguru.com/faq/index.jsp http://www.jspinsider.com