Hi,
this is a really stupid thing (maybe off-topic).
I've got a double value (355.783.022,00) and i want to show it like is.
But Java shows it like 3.55783022E8.
I've tried to format it using the following class:

import java.text.DecimalFormat;
import java.lang.*;
import java.util.Locale;
import java.text.DecimalFormatSymbols;
import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;
import java.util.Date;

public class DarFormato{

 Object dato;
 String patron;

 public DarFormato(){
  this.dato = new Object();
  this.patron= "#,###.00";
 }
 public DarFormato(Object palabra){
  this.dato = palabra;
  this.patron= "#,###.00";
 }

 public DarFormato(Object palabra, String cadena){
  this.dato = palabra;
  this.patron= cadena;
 }

 public void setDato(Object palabra) {
  this.dato = palabra;
 }

 public String getPatron() {
  return this.patron;
 }

 public void setPatron(String cadena) {
  this.patron = cadena;
 }

 public String getResultado(){
  if (dato instanceof Number){
   try{

    DecimalFormatSymbols dfs = new DecimalFormatSymbols(Locale.ITALY);

    DecimalFormat form = new DecimalFormat(patron, dfs);
    return form.format(dato).toString();
   }catch (Exception ex){
    return "El error=" + ex.toString();

  if (dato instanceof Date){
   SimpleDateFormat form = new SimpleDateFormat("dd-MM-yyyy");
    return form.format(dato).toString();
  }

 return dato.toString();

but the result is always the same. ¿What can i do?
Thankyou in advance.