-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: A mailing list about Java Server Pages specification and reference
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Namens JOSHY MON M C
Verzonden: woensdag 10 juli 2002 16:57
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: Help - Tomcat oracle : offtopic

Hi All,

Can anyone help me. This is very urgent.

I have a ticker application written in Java, that accesses oracle 9i
database in Linux. It gets data from database in every 2 minutes. When
as
many as 10 ticker clients are accessing database together for 30
minutes,
oracle eventually dies.

Ticker gets data from database thru Tomcat, on examination I found that
each
time memory utilization for Oracle increases with database access. It
starts
with 5% mem utilizations and increases - in every 2 minutes - 6%, 7%
etc,
for each database access from clients. When it reaches some 30% oracle
slows
down and ticker apllication also slows down.

Does anyone of you have a quick solution - Also why oracle not relasing
memory after database access ?

Thanks in Advance
Joshy