Here is one which I hve made for one training earlier:-

Installation Steps for iPlanet web server

1.      Pre-requisite JDK 1.2 or higher must be installed on your OS.
2.      Start the installation by clicking on iws60sp2-nt.exe file.
3.      Select installation type as Custom.
4.      The default installation directory will be C:\iPlanet\Servers. If you want to
change, you can but better to keep as it is, only drive should be changed as per hard
disk space.
5.      Specify username and password. It can be any, not necessarily of OS.
6.      The default administration port is 8888. If you want you can change.
7.      The default HTTP port is 80. If you want you can change.
8.      The default Content Root is C:/iPlanet/Servers/docs. If you want you can
change, but no need to change as Web applications seldom uses it.
9.      Enable the Use custom java development kit check box. In JDK home text field
write the JDK home directory path, e.g., C:\ j2sdk1.4.0. Do not specify anything in
other text fields.
10.     Now installation is complete.
11.     To test installation, first start iPlanet administration from program menu or
from services. Go to http://localhost:8888 to see the web server web administration
interface.
12.     Now start the web server either from the Web administration interface or
services. Go to http://localhost, you will see iPlanetTM Web Server, Enterprise
Edition 6.0.

Configuration Steps of Web Application in iPlanet web server

1.      Suppose IPLANET_HOME=C:\iPlanet\Servers and
HOST_MACHINE=https-PUNHJW13014.ad.infosys.com for my installation.
2.      Open <IPLANET_HOME>\<HOST_MACHINE>\config\web-apps.xml in notepad and add
<web-app uri="/assignment" dir="C:/Assignment" enable="true"/> under <vs></vs> tag.
3.      Create a directory C:/Assignment. Create a WEB-INF folder inside. Now create a
classes folder inside WEB-INF folder.
4.      Create web.xml file under WEB-INF folder. Here is an example of a web.xml file.

<!DOCTYPE web-app
        "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>
<web-app>
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>
                        StartupServlet
                </servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>
                        in.co.infosys.treasurehunt.common.handler.StartupServlet
                </servlet-class>
                <load-on-startup>
                        2147483646
                </load-on-startup>
        </servlet>
        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>
                        RegisterServlet
                </servlet-name>
                <servlet-class>
                        in.co.infosys.treasurehunt.hunt.handler.RegisterServlet
                </servlet-class>
        </servlet>

        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>
                        RegisterServlet
                </servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>
                </url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

        <welcome-file-list>
                <welcome-file>
                        index.html
                </welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

5.      All the servlets needs to be registered in web.xml.
6.      Following table explains the attributes used in web.xml.

Web.xml attributes      Description
servlet-class   Fully qualified name of Servlet class
servlet-name    Any name that you want for this Servlet, but it should be unique for
this web application.
url-pattern     URL pattern to access this Servlet
welcome-file    First file which gets called when you will go to
http://localhost/assignment. It cannot be a Servlet.
load-on-startup Time in seconds after which the Servlet will get initialized again. If
this attribute is specified with a Servlet it will always initialize when the server
will start. It can be used to start some services as soon as the server starts.

7.      Put all your java classes under classes folder which you have created above.
8.      Keep all your JSPs, HTML, Images, etc outside WEB-INF folder.
9.      Restart the web server.
10.     To access your application go to http://localhost/assignment.