I suggest you download JBuilder7.
Once you have downloaded Jbuilder7

You will find a document which is described as :-
"
Borland JBuilder 7 and BEA WebLogic Server 7.0 Integration - Jump start
development, deployment, and debugging of EJBs and JSPs
  http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28943,00.html ".

This document is a step by step guide to using JSPs , Servlets ,
EJBs.

You will come across connection pooling in the document.
They also provide you with a database called JDatastore.
You will be shown how to do connection pooling in the above mentioned
document.

The one problem you will across is when you are creating an entity bean
 which requires you to make a connection to this database.
If you try to create a JDBC connection  you will get a message saying
connection refused. This is because you do not have a user name & password
for the sample database.
Rather than choosing a new connection option go to " existing connection".
You will then get an existing connection already created database instance
of  JDataStore Server.
I mention this because  you have to go pass this stage in order
to get to the stage where you have to do connection pooling.