On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Edward King wrote:

> <%
>     String[] msg=new String[2];
>     msg[0]="Hello";
>     msg[1]="world";
> %>
>
> Then I transfer msg into Javascript,like follows:

> I found it can't work at! Why? I have thought of it for a long
> time,but I still don't know to do it! How to correct this JSP file?

Your JSP page simply outputs text that web browsers interpret.  There is
no formal conduit for communicating strongly typed information from JSP to
JavaScript; everything is mediated by the text that the server sends back.
You can't simply pass parameters as with a Java method call.

Thus, when you sent a Java String to JavaScript, you need to insert
quotation marks, for the browser will need them to interpret the
JavaScript correctly.  That is, you need to construct the text correctly,
and in this case, quotation marks are required.  You therefore want to
write

 display('<%= msg[0] %>')

As a side note, it also looks like you mean more to use an <a> than a <td>
element . . .

--
Shawn Bayern