On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, randie ursal wrote:

>      do you know where i can look to find out the SSL session-timeout
> setting on IE?
>      could i configure this setting?

Okay, I looked into it a little more closely, and the story appears to be
this:  Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 and Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows use
an SSL timeout of two minutes, which is extremely idiosyncratic; it means
the SSL session is cycled every two minutes.  To adjust this, a registry
key can be modified; I do not know if this is available in any menu-driven
option.  See

 https://www.ubs.com/g/telebanking/ssl-24h.reg

for a patch to the Windows registry that alters IE's SSL timeout to 24
hours.

--
Shawn Bayern