Hi,

This is what I have understood:

(a) You have a Reports Generating Application (BIWeb) - already written.
(b) You are writting an application
(c) BIWeb requires user credentials to browse
(d) Your application also requires user credentials to browse
(e) You want your application to interact with BIWeb

This is what I would suggest:

(a) Use the user-database of BIWeb to authenticate users (both your
application and BIWeb will use the
same user-base).
(b) When a user needs to login to your appliation, authentication happens
against BIWeb DB (maybe using
the request servlet) and necessary details are stored in your application
context (after request forward the
authentication confirmation to your application).
(c) If your application requires BIWeb's reports, pass the login details to
a servlet in BIWeb.
(d) BIWeb will render all reports you request, after validating the user
details sent above (The catch is
you need to send the user details for every report that you want to view).

Hope the above is clear.

Regards,
Dayanand.