From: Nagaraju K [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 10:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Thread dumps

You can use profiling

java -Xrunhprof[:help][:<suboption>=<value>,...] MyMainClass

u can specify various options for this

java -classic
-Xrunhprof:heap=sites,cpu=samples,depth=10,monitor=y,thread=y,doe=y

check this site for more details

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2001/jw-1207-hprof.html

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting start
is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and
then starting on the first one.
--Mark Twain