hi list,

   i'm a bit confuse here.

   i have my web aplication run on Solaris 8.0 (English Version OS)
machine, in my application i tried to
   display Japanese characters as data that was generated dynamically.
This works fine, i just place
    "charset = shift_jis" on my html tag.

   but, when i deploy it to Solaris 8.0 (Japanese Version OS) my
Japanese characters turn into garbage like
   it displays only like this "????".

   does somebody expercience like this problem?

   im using Tomcat 4.0 and jdk1.3.1

thanks

  randie