Thanks - I've got it working now... I ran it from MSDOS prompt.

Thanks for your help

-----Original Message-----
From: Vikramjit Singh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 8:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: starting Tomcat as a windows service

Try this

to install tomcat service:

"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe" -install Tomcat
"%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\hotspot\jvm.dll"
-Djava.class.path="%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.j
ar" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Xrs -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out
"%CATALINA_HOME%"\logs\stdout.log -err "%CATALINA_HOME%"\logs\stderr.log

to uninstall tomcat service:

"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe" -uninstall Tomcat

> I know that there is an .exe distribution of
> the install
> binary, would this be the best way to go forward?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Ash

> "signoff JSP-INTEREST".
> For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set
> JSP-INTEREST DIGEST".
>
>  http://archives.java.sun.com/jsp-interest.html
>  http://www.esperanto.org.nz/jsp/jspfaq.jsp
>  http://www.jguru.com/faq/index.jsp
>  http://www.jspinsider.com

Disclaimer: This e-mail message along with any attachments is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential and privileged information of
GTL Limited. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by
error, please notify us immediately, return the original mail to the sender
and delete the message from your system.