Hi,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 09:04:18AM +0200, ROLDAN, Gabriel raul wrote:
> I am using iText (www.lowagie.com) pdf generator for creating
> reports in my intranet with great success.

How fast/slow is it to generate a report on the fly? Last I looke at it
it seemed quite a bit slower than using solutions writen in C/C++

> using confidential production data and images gathered from
> an image map server, I can generate a pdf document writen directly
> to the client via HTTP without the need of storing it in the server
> filesystem, and the best, pdf documents are encrypted with 128 bit keys
> and have permission just for printing.

This permision thing is highly suspicious in my mind. I don't really
know the mechanism, but it seems like if you're able to print it you
could send it to a file or to anything else. Also, I'm curious,  what is
really the point of having permission just for printing?

--
Dror Matalon
Zapatec Inc