From: John Ghidiu [mailto:johnghidiu@;BENDERSON.COM]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 2:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: about getRemoteHost()

In fact, if the router does change the FROM field, the TCP/IP connection is
effectively terminated because the receiving end can no longer reply (even with an
ACK) that the packet was received. However, a proxy is allowed to (and often does)
change the packet. Be aware of that in your programming (which means, among other
things, no session tracking via IP address).

John