Hi,
I have the following situation:
In a bean, I  have a method that populates an array with a large, very large
amount of data (required for some operations).
>From my jsp page I do not want to allow any web clients to see the length of
this array, till the process of population is finished....I mean that
otherwise one can see intermediary results and I want to avoid this.

(I have tried to mark volatile the array but this helps me only to keep the
correct value in all the threads, does not lock me also the object).

Do I have to use a complicated wait/notify mechanism to achive this or how
can I do ?

Many thanks,
Ionel C.