Hi Srinu

All the aplications that use any port from 1 to 1024 must have root
permisions. The usual way to do what you want to do is to install apache
and connect it with Tomcat, the apache will serve all the HTML files,
images, (no serverside elements) and when he recieves a request of a JSP
page or servlet it will pass that request to tomcat, so the average
reponse time of your web aplication will be better.

Luis

Srinu.Reddy wrote:

Hi All,

I am hosting my JSP's in Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux. By default tomcat uses 8080
port but I want to change it to 80, so that I can give only the URL in the
browser, instead of URL:8080, to connect to the WEB site.
I changed the port in the server.xml file but it doesn't seems to work in
Linux but it is working on Windows 2000.

Can anyone give any Idea??

Regards,

Srinu...