Hi,

You can't mix jsp into your javascript for the simple reason that jsp is
server side, ie the jsp code is compiled and executed on the server
before the page is sent to the browser, whereas javascript is client
side, the javascript is executed by the browser on the client machine.
Writing jsp (such as <jsp:forward>) to the webpage using javascript
can't work because the webserver needs to interpret the command on the
server, before handing over the page.

Your javascript should work though if you leave the jsp out and just use
the javascript 'location' , as in

function deleteMaterialFromList(materialId) {
    var agree = false;
    agree = confirm('Something intellagent...');
    if(agree) {
        location = "/project/remove.do?material=\""+materialId+"\";
    } else {
        location = "/project/prepareUserHomePage.do";