Padhu Vinirs wrote:
I was not getting this error before. It has started suddenly today.

An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /jsp/testBean.jsp

Generated servlet error:
   [javac] Compiling 1 source file

/home/pady/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12/work/Standalone/localhost/jcwcd/jsp/testBean_jsp.java:7:
'.' expected
import TestBean;

I have the class "TestBean" in WEB-INF/classes. It does not have a
package. This was working fine till now.

Any ideas ?
You have upgraded to JDK 1.4. See here for details:

  <http://www.thejspbook.com/faq/details.jsp?id=1007>

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten                                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gefion Software                       <http://www.gefionsoftware.com/>