From: Amit Ghaste [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 12:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Hashtable / HashMap Problem.

internally the hashtable stores object refrences according to hashcodes,

if u get an enumeration of the stored values or keys, the order is not
predictible

its the same result with a iterator....

since hashmap is similar to hashtable (except that its meathods are not
synched) it will give u the same result

to preserve order use the LinkedHashMap... this preserves the order when u
retrive it thro the keyset iterator
but its meathods are not synchronized... so if u are doing multi threaded
operation on shared data u need to synch it

get more info from the api

if that helps
Amit