Hello!

I have Tomcat 4.0.4-b3 as Servlet Container (I use it as a plug-in of IIS 5,
using the ISAPI
filter "isapi_redirector.dll" )and I have seen that
sometimes the following strange thing happens....

When Tomcat doesn't receive user's requests (forwarded from IIS) for a
period of time
(that can take minutes or hours) it suspends itself and I must restart the
service manually because Tomcat doesn't  answer to the users' requests any
more.

In fact when this happens and the user tries to connect to Tomcat he waits
for an answer forever without success until the connection is closed by the
Web Browser because
it is timed out.

Is there some setting in Tomcat to avoid this? Has someone
already had such problem? If yes, how did he solve it?

Is this a bug of the version of Tomcat (or of the ISAPI filter) I am using?

I hope someone can help me....

Thanks in advance.

                                     Luca