On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 03:08:42PM -0500, Alireza Nahavandi wrote:
> Suppose that I have a shopping cart as a session object :
>
>    <jsp:usebean id="cart" scope="session" class="shop.Cart" />
>
> This line is on top of related jsp files.
>
> While I am working in a non-secure server everything is fine. I can add to
> this session and get it in other  JSPs.
> But in secure server when I populate the object with HASH table content.
> Other JSPs can not see the content. This is how
> I do this. Am I missing anything?

     The http:// connection and the https:// connection might have
separate sessions, which is probably what you're running into here, it
depends on the implementation.  In theory the SSL support is
transparent to the servlet, but traditionally (pre-servlet era) web
hosts used an entirely seperate SSL server process, alongside the
apache server process.  The first place I'd check would be your app
server's documentation.

     You might also code up a simple test - a servlet that prints out
all session values and a servlet that sets an arbitrary session value,
then forwards the user to https://PrintSessionServlet.

Steven J. Owens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Take it all with a grain of salt." - Me at http://darksleep.com