Yong How showed how to do this by setting a value in the web.xml
configuration file.

Another way to do it is is to make the following method call inside
the application (allowing different intervals for different
purposes):

   session.setMaxInactiveInterval (...)

where ... is the number of seconds between interactions after which a
timeout should occur.  For two hours, you'd use 7200.

You can set this in the login JSP page.

Also, instead of reading the cookie, you might have a look at
session.getId(), which should work with cookies or with URL re-
writing, and session.isNew().

If I remember correctly, there might have been problems with these in
Tomcat 3.x series that were fixed in 4.x.

   Alan

--
Alan Meyer
AM Systems, Inc.