Have you thought about opening a separate window for the user, then
close it when the opener closes, which will allow them to leave the
applet running, yet move to other pages with the opener window. This
will also allow you to control the size of the window where the applet
will reside and the window will have no navigation bars/buttons which is
a nice look.

Just a thought,
Brian P. Bohnet

Wesley Choate wrote:

I am writing a page which has an applet on it.  Is there anyway using
sessions or something to keep the applet "alive" even if the user changes
pages, and then reload it if they come back?  So that if they come back to
the page the applet was on then it shows them where they were at, not at
the beginning again?

Thanks,
Wesley Choate
Programmer / Analyst
Lavender & Wyatt Systems, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
5805 West 12th Street
Little Rock, AR  72204
(501)664-7039

"Should array indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was rejected
without, I thought, proper consideration." - Stan Kelly-Bootle